dresser redo

photo-2

photo-1

i've been busy lately tackling some furniture refinishing and one of my major projects this weekend was refinishing this $20 dresser i thrifted a while back. i started by sanding the entire piece to remove blemishes and water marks and then gave it a good wash with murphy's oil soap. i then put a couple of coats of danish oil on the frame and primed and painted the drawer fronts white. i soaked the knobs in ammonia to restore them back to brass and finished the piece using a furniture wax. i'm pretty proud of my first furniture redo project and i think it is perfect for the kids room!

stay tuned for my second project this week, our bar cabinet.